Static Reactions Demo
Reactions on this GitHub issue:
Explanation: This page is statically generated with Next.js by fetching data from GitHub. It’s deployed to Vercel’s Edge Network (CDN). Importantly, this page is being regenerated using Incremental Static Regeneration (beta feature in Next.js 9.4). Here’s how it works:
- Each Next.js page can define the timeout. For this page, it’s set at 1 second.
- When a new request comes in, the statically generated page is served.
- Later, when another request comes in after the defined timeout is exceeded: (1) The statically generated page is served, and (2) Next.js generates a new version of the page in the background and updates the static page for *future* requests.
- Later, when another request comes in after the regeneration is done: The updated static page is served.
- This allows Incremental Static Regeneration on a per-page basis without rebuilding the full app. It’ll always be fast because users will always get a static response. Learn more here.
Source: pages/index.js - `getStaticProps()` fetches the data during static generation, and `unstable_revalidate` specifies the timeout.